Being fit without the stress
New year... new you? That's all I have been hearing for the new year... lol. But what does that even mean?
We are put under so much pressure to be the best version of ourselves. Do more, work harder, workout harder, go go go go go! Where does that get you tho?!
Real talk. Its great to have goals, to push yourself and be a better "version of you".... but you also need to find balance. Feeling worn out today? Take a break! Adrenal fatigue is a real thing guys. Go for a walk, take a stretchy yoga or Pilates class, take a nap if you need to. Go get that drink with your friend, go to happy hour, have some fries or a cookie. There is no point in stressing yourself out!
The key here, once you take your break and really enjoy yourself, is to take steps to fit your workouts in. Small steps that work to stay on track (and avoid stress):
* Take a day to schedule your classes and workouts - actually sign up and plan ahead
* Take a day (I like Sundays and Mondays) to go grocery shopping for the week and get basics so that you are prepared for easy meals
* Invest in an instapot or crock pot ;)
* Plan some "self love" time. Massage, chiropractic, happy hour, reading, whatever it is that makes you feel calm, even if its just for 15 minutes
* Set an alarm to go to bed and to wake up every day at the same time. Even if you don't always stick to it, make an effort to get a great routine!
Do any of those steps feel unattainable? I hope not! I hope we can all get a great healthy, low(er) stress lifestyle.